- Holi Special Gokarna Backpacking
About Gokarna Backpacking Trip & History
Gokarna is known for its beautiful beaches and clear waters, and in Sanskrit, Gokarna means cow’s ear. According to legend, when the demon king of Lanka, Ravana, sought to pull the Atmaling, which had been given to him by Lord Shiva, it burst out of the ground in the shape of a cow’s ear, thus giving the place its name. As it turns out, Gokarna is one of the best places in India to witness the stunning bioluminescent phytoplankton.
Gokarna Trip is a choice among travelers who desire a calm vacation, and it is the better laid-back and slightly commercialized performance of Goa. Besides the famous Om beach, it has Kudle beach and the more secluded Half Moon and Paradise beach. The total trek distance of the beach trek to Gokarna is around 10 KM. The trek will start from Half Moon beach, from where you will be needed to give through a hill to reach Om Beach finally. While there are numerous Gokarna appeals, coasts, tours, temples, and a hammock will be most suitable for your short vacation in Gokarna. It is best to spend three days in Gokarna to make the most of your trip.
Why Gokarna Backpacking Trip?
Nestled in Karnataka, this tabernacle city isn’t only known for its pristine, less crowded strands but is also known for its tranquil terrain. Gokarna has the charm of Goa without the hustle-bustle of it. It’s a perfect place to decompress with your musketeers, the notch on some seafood, and spend some quiet quality time by the sea. However, also this budget diary is for you, If reading this has formerly induced you for the Gokarna Backpacking.
World‛s Tallest Shiva Statue Temple at Murudeshwar Beach.LordMurudeswar, an incarnation of Lord Shiva, is honored in this ancient shrine. It is also known as Dakshin Kashi because it is considered sacred as Varanasi’s Shiva Temple. This site is a magnificent spiritual retreat for all its followers, and it is one of Gokarna’s largest and most well-known tourist attractions. Sri MridesaLinga, commonly known as Murdeshwar, is the major deity. The linga is roughly two feet below ground level and is a portion of the original AtmaLinga. It is mostly attracted by every person who has spiritual trust.
Mumbai>>Gokarna>>Beach Explore>>Yana Caves>>Vibhuti falls>>Honnavar>>Murudeshwar>>Mumbai
Best of GokarnaBackpackingTour Cost
X-Mumbai:- 7,999per person
Double Share Room:- 3,000per person
Note: Pay 3000/- to block your seats, the rest of the payment 5days prior
- Mumbai/Puneticket prices might rise if you plan to book at the last moment, this is subject to seatavailability on the train or an increase in bus ticket rates.
- Rs 1000/- extra for Tatkal Train Ticket.
4 Nights 4 Days 06 Mar
What makes this tour special
- Visit an unusual corner of Karnataka tucked away in greenery
- Explore and capture the unique Yana Caves
- Picturesque Arabian sea at Backdrop of Shiva Statue
- Enjoy laid back and hippie culture in GokarnaOM beach Paradice beach & Kudle Beach
- Group games and fun along the way
- Murudeshwar Temple
Dates and Rates
date & duration availability price
06 - 10 Mar
4 Nights 4 Days
Gokarna Backpacking Detailed Itinerary:
- 15:00 – Board the train from Mumbai (LTT/Thane/Panvel)
- Throughout the journey, we laugh with arms wide and make merry in the ride. ‘Cause, that’s what friends do! Sing songs, play cards and read your fav book- as you gear up for what could be the best weekend of the year!
- PS – We have booked limited train tickets (RAC/Confirmed; depending on availability) in advance so that you can avoid the headache of booking yourself a ticket (Also, bus tickets to Gokarna are expensive)..
- 04:00 – Reach Gokarna early morning and transfer to Beach hostel, rest.
- 10:00 – Explore Kudle Beach, Om beach, and indulge yourself with lunch at the famous Namaste Café.
- 15:00 – Visit Secret beach for sunset & an ecstatic evening.
- 19:00 – Visit the iconic Namaste Café has delicious food with a wonderful view.
- 21:00 – Back to the hostel, sleep tight to explore more tomorrow.
- 07:30 -Just the apt time for night owls to be awake & early risers to wake up for a brand new adventure. Toh Chale kya?
- 09:00 – We explore the Yana Caves & Vibhuti Waterfall.
- 15:00 – Lunch.
- 18:00 – Start the beautiful drive back to the hostel through the western coastline.
- 18:00 – Reach the hostel and enjoy the evening.
- 07:00 – Wake up call, freshen up and be ready to explore Honnavar Backwaters.
- 08:00 – Check out from the hostel, drive to the Chill Honnavar And soulful Murudeshwar.
- 09:30 – Reach Murudeshwar temple, witness the 2nd highest Shiva statue in the world.
- 12:00 – Explore Murudeshwar Beach.
- 14:30 – Drop at Murudeshwar Station.
- 15:30 – Board the train back to Mumbai and reminiscence some awesome memories.
- 06:30 – Reach LTT
Goodbye hugs! Until next time, Bhatakna!!
What we'll give. What we won't
What is included in the tour
To & from Non AC train tickets.
All internal transfers in private vehicle.
3 breakfasts & 1 dinners
Bhatakna Expertise Representatives
Stay in an awesome hostel
All permits and entry fees.
What is NOT included in the tour
Food during the journey
Lunch and Dinner.
Volvo charges, in case of no availability in train.
Mineral water All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered purchased for personal consumption.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost included above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Candidates using the company’s equipment for any course are responsible for that equipment and will be charged for any loss or damage.
Things To Carry
- A rucksack bag and a day pack
- One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
- At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favourable)
- 4 sets of undergarments
- 2 pair of socks
- A small towel
- Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
- Flip flops/sandals
- Glucose powder
- Medicines for headaches, diarrhoea, motion sickness
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Paper soap, or sanitizer
- Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
- Body spray
- LED torch light
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How big will the group be?
We prefer to have a group of 15-18 people as we intend to have more fun and give personal care.We need at least 12 people to manage our trip
2. Who will accompany us on the trip?
All our trips are led by professional travel coordinators who have good experience in managinggroups.
3. If I’m the only girl in the group, is it safe to travel?
We generally have many girls joining us on the trip so there are high chances that you are not the only girl on the trip. However if you somehow end up being the only girl in the group, the majorityof our staff arefemalesso be assured you are in safe and reliable hands.
5. What will be the type of accommodation?
We are known to provide the best possible accommodation on our trips, the accommodation can be in hotels, which are located in the main market area. And the rooms will be allottedon a triple/quad-sharing basis gender-vise
6. What kind of food is served during the Trip?
We provide veg nutritious and healthy food on the trip.We always try to select the best/most famous restaurants for the food on our trips.
7. Is the mentioned number of days enough to explore the locations?
The itinerary is well-planned and curated to experience the destination to its fullest, covering the majority of sights both famous and offbeat.
8. Where will we be staying?
Click on the above question for stay pictues
No Refund shall be made with respect to the initial booking amount for any cancellations. However,
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of the total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be canceled and in such cases, our service partner will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity.
- For all the above choices, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would be more than happy to have them on board and you could save your hard-earned money.